Smith's Garden Luau
Smith’s Garden Luau is a popular combination with the Wailua River boat tour to Fern Grotto. Attend Kauai’s best known luau after your Wailua River tour!
This traditional Hawaiian luau features a spectacular ceremony in a torch-lit lagoon amphitheater along the Wailua River. The presentation is followed by a delicious luau feast. Savor traditional flavors and island favorites, including kalua pork, teriyaki beef, chicken adobo, mahi mahi (island fish), lomi salmon and a variety of salads, vegetables, rice, and of course, dessert. The luau feast is followed by a spectacular show featuring music and dances from Hawaii, Tahiti, Samoa, the Philippines, New Zealand, China and Japan. Smith's Garden Luau has it all!
Luau Menu: Kalua Park, Beef Teriyaki, Chicken Adobo, Sweet ‘n’ Sour Mahi Mahi, Lomi Salmon, Fresh Poi, Hawaiian Sweet Potato, Macaroni Salad, Namasu Salad, Fried Rice, Tropical Desserts. Mai Tais, beer, wine, standard bar drinks and soft drinks are available throughout the dinner hour.
- Smith’s Tropical Paradise Garden Luau is one of Kauai’s best known and favorite Hawaiian luaus
- Shell lei greeting
- Take a narrated tram tour or enjoy a leisurely stroll around the lush 30-acre gardens
- Witness the traditional imu ceremony – learn about the old Hawaiian cooking method where kalua pig is wrapped in ti leaves and cooked in an earthen imu oven
- Enjoy the traditional luau dinner featuring a wide variety of delicacies
- Dinner is followed by a spectacular luau show
- Includes drinks from an open bar
In case you already have dinner plans, we also offer a Show Only option. This option skips the luau feast and only includes the after dinner evening show.
Welcome to Smith's Luau
- Where and When:
- From March to October, check-in for the full luau is at 5:00 pm.
From November to February, check-in for the full luau is at 4:45 pm.
Check-in for the show only is at 7:15 pm.
Wailua Marina State Park View Map
3-5971 Kuhio Hwy
Kapaa, HI 96746
- There are no specific restrictions for this activity.
- Special Notes:
- Operation Days:
- January, November and December: Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
February through May and September, October: Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays.
June through August: Mondays through Fridays.
- Approx. 3.5 hours
- Smith's Tropical Paradise Luau