Wailua River Boat and Fern Grotto Tour Kauai
How about something different for your Hawaii adventure? Try a trip down up the Wailua River, the only navigable river in Hawaii, to a lava rock grotto covered with tropical ferns. Let the beauty of the grotto carry you away as you are serenaded by musicians playing Hawaiian songs. The grotto is a natural amphitheater whose acoustics greatly enhance the singing and guitar accompaniment of the musicians. As you travel up the historic and sacred Wailua river, numerous photo opportunities await your on the way to the Fern Grotto. You'll see tropical gasslands lining the river and cloud-capped Mount Waialeale looming in the distance.
Kauai Fern Grotto Tour Information:
- Fern Grotto is accessible via tour boats or kayak, but the main boat dock is reserved for the tour boats
- The only river boat trip in Hawaii is on the Wailua river
- Beautiful scenery along the river and at Fern Grotto provide numerous photo opportunities
- The boat ride up the river to Fern Grotto takes about 40 minutes
- Traditional Hawaiian music played live at the natural amphitheater
If you are interested in other Kauai Activities visit Hawaii Discount for all your Kauai Tours.