Waimea Canyon, Wailua River & Fern Grotto Tour
This tour captures the very best of the "Garden Isle" of Kauai – visit Waimea Canyon State Park and then enjoy a tranquil boat cruise up the Wailua River to Fern Grotto.
Waimea Canyon is one of Kauai’s top natural attractions. At over 10 miles long, 3,000 feet deep and one mile wide, the canyon is also known as the "Grand Canyon of the Pacific." From the lookout point you’ll enjoy spectacular views of the canyon’s multi-colored rock walls and cascading waterfalls. Look closely and you may even see a mountain goat navigating the steep rock walls with ease.
Later, you’ll enjoy a tranquil boat cruise up the Wailua River, the only navigable river in all of Hawaii! Framed by lush vegetation and mangrove at its banks, the boat tour offers plenty of scenic views and great photo opportunities. The highlight of the boat tour is Fern Grotto, a fern-covered lava cave. Because of the cave’s excellent acoustics, music is often being played in it.
This tour also takes you to other Kauai attractions, including beautiful Opaeka'a Falls and Spouting Horn, a lava tube at the ocean’s edge that shoots water up into the air when the ocean forces water into it.
- Waimea Canyon State Park – from the lookout point you’ll enjoy spectacular views of the multi-colored rock walls of the canyon
- Spouting Horn blowhole
- Old Koloa town – the birth place of sugar in Hawaii
- Hanapepe – Kauai’s "biggest little town"
- Queen Victoria’s profile
- Birth stones – sacred Hawaiian site
- Coco Palms Grove
- Nawiliwili Harbor
- Opaeka'a Falls – beautiful roadside waterfall
- Wailua River boat cruise – the only river boat trip in Hawaii!
- Fern Grotto – fern-covered lava cave that also functions as a natural amphitheater
- Ground transportation in comfortable air-conditioned tour bus
- Professional tour guide shares interesting island facts throughout tour
- Wailua River boat cruise fare included (trip up the river takes about 40 minutes one way on a long flat-bottom boat)
Beautiful Kauai Waterfall
- Where and When:
- Returns at approximately 5:00 - 6:00 pm.
- Due to the elevation of the Waimea Canyon, you are not permitted to go to the canyon if you have been scuba diving within the last 24 hours.
- Special Notes:
- Bring a sweater and wear comfortable walking shoes.
Lunch is not included in this tour. However, a stop will be made at a local restaurant, where you can purchase lunch.
- Operation Days:
- Operates daily
- 9-11 hours
- Polynesian Adventure Tours
- Minimum of 6 people for tour. Mini Bus holds 25. Large bus holds 52. Depends on how many people booked the tour.
- Comfortable air-conditioned tour bus