Waimea Canyon, Wailua River & Fern Grotto Tour
This tour captures the very best of the "Garden Isle" of Kauai – visit Waimea Canyon State Park and then enjoy a tranquil boat cruise up the Wailua River to Fern Grotto.
Waimea Canyon is one of Kauai’s top natural attractions. At over 10 miles long, 3,000 feet deep and one mile wide, the canyon is also known as the "Grand Canyon of the Pacific." From the lookout point you’ll enjoy spectacular views of the canyon’s multi-colored rock walls and cascading waterfalls. Look closely and you may even see a mountain goat navigating the steep rock walls with ease.
Later, you’ll enjoy a tranquil boat cruise up the Wailua River, the only navigable river in all of Hawaii! Framed by lush vegetation and mangrove at its banks, the boat tour offers plenty of scenic views and great photo opportunities. The highlight of the boat tour is Fern Grotto, a fern-covered lava cave. Because of the cave’s excellent acoustics, music is often being played in it.
This tour also takes you to other Kauai attractions, including beautiful Opaeka'a Falls and Spouting Horn, a lava tube at the ocean’s edge that shoots water up into the air when the ocean forces water into it.
- Waimea Canyon - the "Grand Canyon of the Pacific" offers scenic views of deep valley gorges with striking red soil covered in greenery
- Opaeka'a Falls - a beautiful 150-foot cascade
- Spouting Horn Blowhole - crashing waves propel jets of ocean water through lava rock
- Hanapepe Valley Lookout - panoramic views of a valley covered in trees and wild green sugarcane
- Wailua River - narrated 2-mile ride in an open air boat down a meandering freshwater river
- Fern Grotto - walk through a tropical rainforest to a rock cave dripping in ferns and listen to the melodious live performance of the Hawaiian wedding song
- Roundtrip transportation
- Professionally narrated tour
- Lunch at a local's favorite restaurant
- Where and When:
- Tour time:
7:45 am - 6:30 pm
Hotel pick-up is provided from major Kauai hotels. Enter the name of your hotel at time of reservation. The exact pick-up time depends on where you are staying and will be emailed with your confirmation (Princeville area hotel pick-ups are unavailable).
- There are no specific restrictions for this activity.
- Special Notes:
- Operation Days:
- Monday & Wednesday
- Approximately 10.5 hours
- Polynesian Adventure Tours
- Mini bus has room for 25 passengers. Large bus has room for 52 passengers. Depending on how many people booked this tour, you will travel in either a mini bus or large bus.
- Comfortable air-conditioned tour bus