Smith's Garden Luau
Smith’s Garden Luau is a popular combination with the Wailua River boat tour to Fern Grotto. Attend Kauai’s best known luau after your Wailua River tour!
This traditional Hawaiian luau features a spectacular ceremony in a torch-lit lagoon amphitheater along the Wailua River. The presentation is followed by a delicious luau feast. Savor traditional flavors and island favorites, including kalua pork, teriyaki beef, chicken adobo, mahi mahi (island fish), lomi salmon and a variety of salads, vegetables, rice, and of course, dessert. The luau feast is followed by a spectacular show featuring music and dances from Hawaii, Tahiti, Samoa, the Philippines, New Zealand and Japan. Smith's Garden Luau has it all!
Luau Menu: Kalua Park, Beef Teriyaki, Chicken Adobo, Sweet ‘n’ Sour Mahi Mahi, Lomi Salmon, Fresh Poi, Hawaiian Sweet Potato, Macaroni Salad, Namasu Salad, Fried Rice, Tropical Desserts. Mai Tais, beer, wine, standard bar drinks and soft drinks are available throughout the dinner hour.
- Smith’s Tropical Paradise Garden Luau is one of Kauai’s best known and favorite Hawaiian luaus
- Shell lei greeting
- Take a narrated tram tour or enjoy a leisurely stroll around the lush 30-acre gardens
- Witness the traditional imu ceremony – learn about the old Hawaiian cooking method where kalua pig is wrapped in ti leaves and cooked in an earthen imu oven
- Enjoy the traditional luau dinner featuring a wide variety of delicacies
- Dinner is followed by a spectacular luau show
- Includes drinks from an open bar
Smith's Luau Menu:
- Kauai Grown Green Salad with Papaya Seed Dressing (V, Vegan, GF)
- Hawaiian Style Macaroni Salad (V)
- Namasu Japanese Cucumber Salad with Chopped Clams (GF)
- Lomilomi Salmon: Tomato, Onion, Salted Salmon (GF)
- Hanalei Poi (V, Vegan, GF)
- Fresh Breads: Hawaiian Sweet Bread, Guava Bread, Pineapple Bread (V)
- Hawaiian Purple Sweet Potatoes (V, Vegan, GF)
- Chinese Fried Rice
- Mashed Potatoes (V, GF)
- Stir Fried Vegetables (V, GF)
- Sweet & Sour Mahimahi
- Kalua Pig (GF)
- Chicken Adobo
- Teriyaki Beef
- Coconut Cake (V)
- Haupia: Coconut Milk Pudding (V, Vegan, GF)
- Imu Baked Rice Pudding (V, GF)
- Fruit Jello (GF)
V=Vegetarian; Vegan; GF=Gluten Free
- Maui Tai Punch
- Kona Longboard Beer
- Chardonnay and Cabernet Wines
- Standard Liquor Bar: Vodka, Scotch, Gin, Rum, Whiskey
- Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Mist Twist
- Guava, Pineapple and Orange Juices
- Hawaiian Fruit Punch
- Where and When:
- From March to October, check-in for the full luau is at 5:00 pm.
From November to February, check-in for the full luau is at 4:45 pm.
Check-in for the show only is at 7:15 pm.
Wailua Marina State Park View Map
3-5971 Kuhio Hwy
Kapaa, HI 96746
- There are no specific restrictions for this activity.
- Special Notes:
- Operation Days:
- September through February: Monday, Wednesday & Friday
March through May: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday
June through August: Monday through Friday
- Approx. 3.5 hours
- Smith's Tropical Paradise Luau